Sunday, September 13, 2009

I do still know how to blog...

...but I don't know if I still know how to write. THIS is the best I've been able to do:

It's worse than the worst writer's block.
It's having words and sentences that won't make meaning.
It's having characters with no faces,
stories with no plots,
settings with no doors to let me in.
And I'm scared, out here in the rain, and they won't let me in.
They won't let me in.
There's nothing I can say--
they seem to have taken my words away.
Why has the novelist turned poet?
Why has the author turned to Facebook poster and e-mailer?
Why have I lost my pen, my paper, and my passion?
Why is this stupid thing all I can seem to write?
Where did my words go?

And there isn't any pineapple.... (Did you notice pineapple was missing from my last post?!)


♥Captain Whitney
I'm a galley slave to pen and ink.

2 comments:

K'neth S. said...

OH NO!!! KAT!E BREATH! READ A BOOK! LOOK AT THE SKY AND WONDER WHY! COUNT THE CLOUDS! STARE AT A GOLDFISH! YOU MUST GET YOUR WRITING ABILITIES BACK! oh and get off of face book for heavens sake! but good and sad poem. love and pineapple! hope you are well!

Captain Whitney said...

Ah, I love you Ken Carson ☺ I'll be all right -- sometimes I just need to be depressed for a while....